When is it? – Sunday 12th September 2021 – the bell rings at 9.00am
Do I really get a free technical t-shirt for entering? – Yep, you really really do
Can I enter the race on the day?– No entries on day, under UKA Covid guidelines
Can I raise money for a charity? – Yes, definately… please let us know who you are raising money for and we’ll put a link on our website promoting your cause
Will the road be closed? – Yes, at the start, the main A368 Wick Road will be closed from 8.30am-10am. Some of the roads towards the finish are also closed temporarily until 11.45am – the rest of the route is open, but with minimal traffic usually.
Is the race chip-timed? – Yes, once entered, your race number with chip will be mailed to you in advance of the event date – there will be no on the day registration.
Do I get a medal? – Yep, and a free ribbon
Can I power walk? – If you can get around the course in under 1h 45 then Yes ..but after this time the roads will re-open in the finish area and we cannot provide you with the attention you deserve when crossing a finish line
What else do I need to know?
- The event is run under UK Athletics (UKA) License (2021-41291)
- Storage facilities will be available
- MP3 players are not permitted generally – unless with Afterskokz Bone conducting headphones
- No information will be sent out prior to race day – regular updates will be available via the website at www.chewvalley10k.co.uk
- Parking at the venue is limited – we advise car-sharing with other runners. Cycling and walking to venue – take out car sharing for time being (Covid). I am looking into hiring bike racks, which we’ll supervise.