the Chew Valley 10k – 2022
Welcome to the 10th Chew Valley 10k
Entries are now CLOSED.
We are back with the 10th Chew Valley 10k on Sunday 12th June 2022 at 9.30am, with our beautiful rural route and fabulous hill! Our Race Headquarters at Bishop Sutton Village Hall and the Village Field behind allow for plenty of space to warm up and catch-up with fellow runners – refreshments and delicious cakes will also be available, provided by our friends at Bishop Sutton Pre-School and Forest School!
Our main beneficiary charities are Chew Valley School Society, NICU Support and Bishop Sutton School Society and to celebrate our Tenth Anniversary, we have also chosen some other fantastic local charities and good causes we will make a smaller donation to and who you can opt to receive a Sportsgiving donation, if you would like to – these are:
Chew Valley Plants Trees, Harvey Hext Trust: A Sibling’s Wish, Chew Valley Rugby Club, Myeloma UK, Chew Valley Football Club, Great Western Air Ambulance and Lymphoma Research Trust.
As a reminder, there are temporary road closures on the morning of Sunday 12th June 2022, which include:
1. A368 Wick Road from the junction with Hillside Gardens (just before Chew Valley Spar) to the Nine Elms junction at North Widcombe (just after New Manor Farm Shop) for one hour from 09:00 – 10:00.
2. Sutton Hill Road from the top at the crossroad with Stowey Road to the junction with Church Lane from 09:45 – 11:15.
3. Church Lane from the junction with Sutton Hill Road to the junction with High Mead Gardens from 09:45 – 11:15.
4. High Mead Gardens from the junction with Church Lane to the junction and cul-de-sac before Number 10 High Mead Gardens from 09:45 – 11:15.
5. High Mead Gardens from Number 10 and Number 3 opposite to the junction with Parkfield Gardens from 08:00 – 11:15.
6. Parkfield Gardens from the junction with High Mead Gardens to include only house numbers 9,8,7 and 6 from 08:00 – 11:15.
Free transfers are available up to a cut-off point of Sunday 15th May 2022. If we are unable to do the in-person event due to a change in Government guidelines, or a local lockdown or other reason due to Covid-19 or force majeure, your entry will switch to the Virtual event, which will be held on 12th June 2022 and your medal and T-shirt can be collected at arranged pick-up points, or will be delivered to you.
We are not able to offer refunds or deferrals this year due to ordering the T-shirts and medals in advance of the event (so you can have them on the day.) This policy is in the event of us not being able to host the in-person event (or if you should choose to switch to the Virtual event) and as a small team raising money for our chosen beneficiaries, we are not able to make refunds should you not be able to run for any other reason.
Additional Insurance Policy
You can purchase an additional Refund Protect insurance policy when you are completing your registration and this covers a number of reasons as to why you might not be able to make event day on 12th June 2022. Further details are available on the entry page.
If you have a disability you would like to discuss, or if you would like to arrange a free guide runner place, please contact Denise on firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your support!