the Chew Valley 10k – 2022
Welcome to the 10th Chew Valley 10k
Sunday 12th June 2022: we Start at 9.30am
We are back with the 10th Chew Valley 10k on Sunday 12th June 2022 at 9.30am, with our beautiful rural route and fabulous hill! Our Race Headquarters at Bishop Sutton Village Hall and the Village Field behind allow for plenty of space to warm up and catch-up with fellow runners – refreshments and delicious cakes will also be available, provided by our friends at Bishop Sutton Pre-School and Forest School!
What You Will Get:
- Chip timed, UK Athletics licensed event – no: 2022-42519, following any applicable Covid guidelines, including a rolling start – your race number and chip will be mailed to you in advance of the race.
- Free parking at Westway Farm (very close by)
- Free supervised kit store at the Village Hall
- Free toilets
- Beautiful, rural route, with closed roads at the start and finish and minimal traffic on route, set in the backdrop of the Mendip Hills (there may be a hill about halfway round, but it’s very leafy and pretty…!)
- Friendly marshals and lots of support!
- Bespoke event medal and option of a Technical T-shirt included in price (enter by 1st May 2022 to get T-shirt)
- Free professional race photography by Photo-Fit, with free high-res downloads available
- Overall leading male and female prizes, plus male and female age category prizes, plus a very warm welcome back for all our runners
Our main beneficiary charities are Chew Valley School Society, NICU Support and Bishop Sutton School Society and to celebrate our Tenth Anniversary, we have also chosen some other fantastic local charities and good causes we will make a smaller donation to and who you can opt to receive a Sportsgiving donation, if you would like to – these are:
Chew Valley Plants Trees, Harvey Hext Trust: A Sibling’s Wish, Chew Valley Rugby Club, Myeloma UK, Chew Valley Football Club, Great Western Air Ambulance and Lymphoma Research Trust.
Simply click on the drop-down box when prompted and you can round up your entry fee to the nearest pound, fiver or more. Please feel free to raise further funds for any of these good causes at the click of a button on the RaceNation entry page – every single pound makes a difference, especially this year. On behalf of these organisations, we thank you in advance for your support.
Free transfers are available up to a cut-off point of Sunday 15th May 2022. If we are unable to do the in-person event due to a change in Government guidelines, or a local lockdown or other reason due to Covid-19 or force majeure, your entry will switch to the Virtual event, which will be held on 12th June 2022 and your medal and T-shirt can be collected at arranged pick-up points, or will be delivered to you.
We are not able to offer refunds or deferrals this year due to ordering the T-shirts and medals in advance of the event (so you can have them on the day.) This policy is in the event of us not being able to host the in-person event (or if you should choose to switch to the Virtual event) and as a small team raising money for our chosen beneficiaries, we are not able to make refunds should you not be able to run for any other reason.
Additional Insurance Policy
You can purchase an additional Refund Protect insurance policy when you are completing your registration and this covers a number of reasons as to why you might not be able to make event day on 12th June 2022. Further details are available on the entry page.
If you have a disability you would like to discuss, or if you would like to arrange a free guide runner place, please contact Denise on firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your support!